Tuesday 3 May 2011

SHADES OF MIDNIGHT

We have always had talks about the prospects of wearing sunglasses indoors. A year or two ago, I was one of the guys who would so confidently stand inside a club with a pair of oversized frames. I think as I grew older and started paying attention to the first 3 letters of the word SUNGLASSES, I realized how much of an under carpet idiot I had been all along. I still feel embarrassed when I look back at those days.
                                                             
So embarrassed that I can not sit comfortably in a taxi with my frames on (yes I still do it at times in a taxi but if u see me doing it, know that half of me feels as stupid as I look). It really is beyond me how i ever came to the conclusion that that would be cool. Nowadays, 6pm means only one thing to me...TAKE OFF THOSE SUNGLASSES IMMEDIATELY.
A friend of mine just refuses to surrender to this. He says for him, they are his “F-FACTOR” (fabulous factor in simple English). I say, fabulous or not, it just does not make sense.

This morning, a client walks into the room for a meeting in frames that not even Paris Hilton would have the guts to don. Of course they were fierce but they were so huge that every single person who walked past us could not help but stare. Poor woman thinks it’s because our fellow coffee drinkers are envious of her accessory. I just did not have the heart to tell her that she actually looks like an idiot.
                                                           
I think the rule is simple here and the lines are very clear. It does not matter if Kanye West (who is the biggest offender of the sunglass rule) and Kylie Minogue or Madonna, or even Dj S'bu and Somizi do it and it looks cool on the front row of Fashion Week, it does not make it okay. Really, it does not.
                                                    

The rule here is very simple (I don’t care who set the rule, but it just makes sense). If the SUN does not directly hit your pretty Maybelline and Mac coated face, don’t wear your SUNGLASSES. Trust me, you don’t need them.

ONLY RAY CHARLES, STEVIE WONDER, STEVE KEKANA, BABSIE MLANGENI and members of the visually impaired community have the right to wear their fabulous frames indoors.


                                                       
So, at the risk of sounding un-fabulous and lacking in the “F-FACTOR”. PLEASE DON’T WEAR YOUR SUNGLASSED INDOORS. IT REALLY IS NOT COOL.
When you walk into a club, please shove them at the bottom of your purse or leave them in your car. You will not need them in there and you do not look as fabulous as you think! THERE, I SAID IT!
                                                                                                                      

2 comments:

  1. ONLY RAY CHARLES, STEVIE WONDER, STEVE KEKANA, BABSIE MLANGENI and members of the visually impaired community have the right to wear their fabulous frames indoors.

    Done! couldnt have said it better myself! leave those stunner when you indoors and late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more!

    ReplyDelete