Sunday 3 May 2015

CURRENT READ: BLOOD BENEATH THE SKIN. THE AMAZING STORY OF THE GREAT McQUEEN.


Written by Andrew Wilson, I'm not quite sure yet if it's the "truths" of the McQueen tale that are so captivating and engaging or the talent of the writer. All I know is that I have struggled to put this book down since I started reading it. For a lot of us, for the longest time, McQueen had remained the greatest enigma of our fashion time. What this book does is shed light and a dose of understanding into the troubled and dark life of fashion's greatest talent. My boss and I have had disagreements and endless debates about this unfigured-out genius. He remained a staunch fan of his craft but never of his personality. I, on the other hand, have been a fan of both. I cant say I know for sure if I'll ever be able to confidently say I understand what made this man so great even after I've put this book to rest but I do know that he remains the greatest designer of all time for me. An amazing read of the life of an even amazing visionary. Definitely one of the greatest designers that ever lived.   

No comments:

Post a Comment