Wednesday 29 March 2017

DJ ZINHLE. DRESSED AND STYLED BY #STATEOFGVRU

I've always been a major fan of DJ Zinhle. So when she sent me a text asking me if I wanted to dress and style her for a publicity shoot, I was ready to die. I first met Zee when I was freelancing for Ndalisa Creations under the management of the equally remarkable Nomndeni Mdakhi (Founder of Edits Communications). The first time we were introduced, I was so intimidated. Not by her celebrity status or anything of that nature but just by her calmness and suttle confidence. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm hardly intimidated. Not by riches, power or any sort of social standing. I'm just intimidated by creative people. I swear on the heavens, creative people intimidate the daylights out of me. Anyway, fast forward a couple of years later, we've become quite cool and I'm really lucky to have such people surround me. People who contantly inspire and motivate me. People who generally want nothing but the best for me.

I had the most fun working on this shoot. This woman is such a powerhouse. So soft yet so firm and  assertive. Highlight of the day was when I got a kiss from Princess Kairo when we wrapped. Thanks again Zee for the wonderful moments and believing in my craft and potential. Love and light always.


                                                     DRESS: STATE OF GVRU.

                                           THIGH HIGH BOOTS: ZINHLE'S OWN

                                   SHIFT DRESS WITH FLORAL APPLIQUE DETAIL:
                                                          STATE OF GVRU
                                                    BELT: STATE OF GVRU


No comments:

Post a Comment