Friday 30 January 2015

DEAR NAKHANE TOURE,


Listen sweety, next time you decide to let VUZU publicize a performance, please make sure that the venue is not the size of a kitchen. After a whole week of excitement and anticipation for last night's performance at The Bannister, having my Yves Saint Laurent jacket tailored and squeezing into a pair of uncomfortable jeans and studded boots, I was revolted at being refused a ticket and entry. Hell, i even had visions of me singing along to Dark Rooms and you inviting me on stage to belt the notes with you. Yes, you probably really never anticipated that much of a crowd, but sweety, you're a star now. Please realize!
 It also doesn't help that you had an entire insert on VUZU (which is practically the new SABC 1). I was further revolted by the nonchalant attitude of no remorse from your team and the boastful attitudes from your friends who got there long after I did but were allowed to come in.

Waiting for 22:30pm for the second show was not a problem. In fact, I was still there when you started the other show. I just refused to buy the ticket. Totally out of self respect. I will not be given a second grade performance, a rip off of Bongeziwe as I understand he was not part of the second show. Yes, we love you hunty but you need to start acting like you know what time it is. I'll probably never come to your shows ever again and you probably don't care but, here's a piece of unrequested advise. South Africa has no room or patience for such stunts. We chose to come see see you on a Thursday night and sacrificed a great time at home on our couches watching 10 over 10.

Your friends are YOUR friends and it sucks that they take preference over fans that love and support you. Letting them into your show while we've BEEN waiting for you like basic women waiting in line for child support is disgusting. You're still amazing and probably the best male vocalist of our time. This does not mean invincible. Get you act together. Asseblief!

Regards,
Gvru

No comments:

Post a Comment